Wednesday 16 November 2011

CO2 is Totally (Recally) Green!

I just wanted to share this video. I love this. So much.




Firstly, there is something brilliantly clever about this. Portraying an extreme climate sceptic as a Sasha Baron Cohen character - that's mocking at its best! How the hell they managed to get an interview in the first place, let alone keep it going, is just beyond me. In a Guardian article, Craig Reucassel (the interview) explains:

"The interview was going for quite a while but when I hinted that he might be a comedian, he ignored it. as the interview went on I tried to make it more and more about that - but he just wasn't twigging."

Secondly, those eyes! Those horribly googly eyes! It took me a while to figure out what they reminded me of, but then it clicked... Total Recall! I was going to stick a picture here but a Google image search reminded of how disgusting that film is. In a very 90s special effects kind of way.

Thirdly, it ain't a YouTube video without the hundreds of comical, irritating and completely out-of-place comments. I've trawled through the despair to pick out my favourite:

"Stop listening to Al Gore, CO2 is Green. More CO2 in the air means more plant growth."

I mean, if you think about it... it makes sense! My gosh we've been looking at this climate malarkey in completely the wrong way! I was going to leave it at that. But then I found this little gem... a good way to end this post I feel. As Ali G used to say... Respect!

"Shut the *bleep* up with your pseudo intellectual *bleep* comments, this is YouTube, take that *bleep* elsewhere."

P.S. Apologies. This is arguably the worst post title I have ever come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment