Friday 14 January 2011

My entry into the world of blogging.

So here I am, about to get stuck into my first blog. I'm still not sure what I want to get out of this. All I know is that I had some funky dream where I was an anonymous columnist for the New Yorker and people were reading my articles with enthusiasm. Sounds fun! But I gave up on wanting to be a journalist a long time ago, so here's the next best thing... and I can thank the miracle that is the internet for this.

I used to have a diary when I was younger. There's something comforting about writing your thoughts down; it can validate them (or just be used to laugh at years later when reading old diaries). So this is what I want to do, I want to put these thoughts down and send them across the comforting anonymity of the cybernet - minus the cringy teenage love stories, only I get to laugh at those.

Who am I? No one important. That doesn't mean I can't make a difference in this world though! If you hadn't guessed by the title of this blog, I consider myself an environmentalist. No, I'm not a hippy. No, I don't want to live in a little house on the prairie. No, I'm not against nuclear energy. I'm a child of the 21st century (sort of) who thinks the world we live in is a lot more important than what we take it for. And yes, I think we need change. But let's not get into that yet!

Oh, and why Kermit? Well... It's not easy being green.

No comments:

Post a Comment